Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Last Minute Mini Vacation

I woke up Friday morning with my husband sitting over me.  He had a very long, sad face.  I, with my worrisome nature, automatically thinks that something is wrong.  So I blink up at him from the pillows and blankets.

Me:  What's wrong.

The hubby heaves a sigh as I wait not so patiently.

Hubby:  How would you feel about going to Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend.

I blink several more times waiting for the words to process through my sleep fogged brain, as I have not had any coffee yet.

Me:  Huh?

Hubby: It's my cousins birthday and I know you've been wanting to go to the Renaissance Festival again, so I figured we should go.

Me: Today?

Hubby:  Well we'd head down there today as soon as you wake up.  We'd go to the Ren Fest tomorrow.

Insert conversation about finances here.

Me: I'm not driving.

Hubby:  I'll drive.

Me: I'm not driving home.

Hubby:  I'll drive home too.

Me: I need to find my corset.

Hubby: Is that a yes?

Me:  I might blame it on my sleepy state later, but yes.

So we packed up and came to Ft. Lauderdale for the weekend to go to the Renaissance Festival.  I used to go every year when we lived down here, but it's been a few years, and I was really excited to go.

It was a BLAST!  Though I didn't get to wear my corset cause it was a bit chilly, and then warmed up later in the day.  I should have worn it and dealt with it.

We spent five and a half hours walking around doing things, watching shows, drinking, and everything else.  My feet hurt sooooo bad by the time we left.  After getting back to the father in laws, I took a shower and  changed into comfy clothes. 

I admit, the bed looked so comfortable.  I had to lay down for a minute.  Of course that minute turned into a two hour nap.  Whoops!

Anyways, I will get the scribbles up when we get home sometime this afternoon.  This hubbies belly is jacked up so we're trying to give it time to settle before we hit the road for four hours.  In our rush though, I forgot my flash drive with all my docs on it, including the next part of the story!  Doh!

I'll post some pictures and things when I get home.  For now I gotta go!

5 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time!

Lauri said...

A spontaneous road trip -what fun!

Alleged Author said...

Woohoo! I need to get my hubby to take me on one of those!

Summer Ross said...

Ren fests are so much fun- we have them every once in a while here- I love going to them. I'm so glad you had a small vacation!

Unknown said...

"I need to find my corset."
I love snippets of dialog that make perfect sense but are things I would never contemplate coming up in a couple's conversation. :)

Post a Comment