Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, or Good Night.....

Pending of course on where you live.  I live on the east coast and have been up since ridiculously early o'clock in the morning. I've just redone my blog.  Believe it or not having been started yesterday I quickly decided to bring it over to Blogger for the time being.  It's more flexible than other places and I seem to be able to do more here.  At least it wasn't a month or two into it before I switched.

Unfortunately since I've been up since ridiculously early o'clock and didn't go to bed till sometime between the dead of night and sunrise, I am utterly exhausted.  I need to finish this short story I've been working on and type up a few others.  I tend to write short stories in a journal.  This way I don't have as many shiny internet options distracting me.

Short attention span + Sully = Lots of distractions.

Then let's face it.  There's youtube, stumbleupon, twitter, facebook, etc etc.  I think they may have been designed by the devil to consume our souls sometimes.  You think you're going to watch just one video, but then it's another and another.

This is why I find writing in a journal (at least for short stories and poetry and random gibberish thoughts) so much easier.  I stay more focused and am more productive when there aren't so many things that give me an excuse to procrastinate.

Speaking of procrastinating.... I'm hopefully going to have a short story up later in the day.  I need coffee.  Perhaps a lobotomy. Though really, sleep does sound wonderful.  But I am up, so I might as well get into making this a productive day.  Coffee first.  Otherwise I will continue sitting at the computer looking like a lifeless zombie and probably go to do something and wind up staring at the screen.

1 comments:

FridaySez said...

And then? AND THEN! It's like the old timey movie serials where you have a cliff hanger and you have to bring your dime down next Saturday to see what happens!

You know, most of Charles Dickens books were actually series in newspapers...

Post a Comment