Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello fellow bloggers, readers, writers, or just random people who may stroll by! This is my first post, on my new blog, on a new day.

Every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end.  I know my story has already started.  I’m somewhere in the middle right now, and to be honest, I have no idea where it’s headed.  There always seems to be confusion, and trials and tribulations, and honestly sometimes it feels like the world just wants to be beat me down into the ground.   It’s like a bully that kicks when you’re down and promises that if you get up you’re only going to suffer more.  Sometimes I get up and there’s more heartache to face, and sometimes I get up and the bully backs down.

Then there are the moments of happiness.  The days when for once everything goes right.  Whether it be just because I accomplished something, or I can feel the overwhelming love flowing over my husband.  Sometimes those days seem few and far between, but I’ve learned that if you don’t learn to look for them you won’t find them much either.

Confused yet?  Welcome to my life.

Here’s the thing about it though.  In all the chaos and malarkey, the shenanigans and confusion, one thing has always made sense.  One thing has always kept me sane.  Well at least mostly sane.

Writing.

Whether it be journal writing, poetry, songs, short stories, just typing up a massive vent to get my frustration out.  Writing has always been there to help me sort out my thoughts, let my creativity flow, and help me express my feelings.  It’s amazing, the power of words.  They can make people laugh, cry, feel empathy or sympathy, or a cascade of other emotions.  Yet it can be so hard to determine the right word to convey what you want to say.

I’ve been writing since I was seven years old.  Maybe since before then.  The only reason I’m proof positive of seven is because my mom went through an old photo album/scrapbook and pulled out a horribly hand written story by a seven year old, entitled The Haunted House.  I can’t say my tastes have changed much since then.  I enjoy writing dark fiction, urban fantasy, and horror (also reading them as well). I am honestly glad my mother showed me the story.  It made me realize that writing is something I’ve always done and will always do.  Nothing can stop me.  While all of it may not be, and probably isn’t very good, it’s something I am passionate about and enjoy doing immensely.

So, in honor of my passion, this blog is going to be dedicated to short stories, poetry, and any other scribbles that I’ve written.  I also intend to post about my writing process.  So prepare yourself for scribbles, rants and ravings, thoughts and ponders, good and bad stories, and a good old fashion vent from time to time.  Maybe in the process I’ll figure out where my personal life story is headed.  I hope you enjoy them!

SS

0 comments:

Post a Comment