Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

To all of you who celebrate it.  My husband and I don't, for the simple fact that it's also my birthday.  He doesn't think it's right that I should have to get him a card and what not on my birthday so he threw it out the window.  I honestly love him for that.  Having to share your birthday with any holiday that means you have to give gifts or cards blows.  Now see having a birthday on a kick ass holiday like Halloween would be awesome.  Think of the costume parties!


So moving on.

I had to go to the DMV to renew my license.  Apparently I couldn't do it online because when I moved I changed my address online.  I think that's a stupid reason, but hey, whatever.  I live in a small town so the wait wasn't long at all.  However, apparently though having my license, passport, social security card and a piece of mail that proves I live where I live, isn't enough to renew my license.  I was beginning to think I was going to have to offer up my first born child.  I apparently needed two pieces of mail.  I called the hubby and off he came to the rescue.  He brought three more pieces just to be safe.  The man behind the counter at least took me right back so I didn't have to wait in line again.

After that, I came home to a birthday cake.  I have pictures of it, but I haven't uploaded it to the computer yet.  Then my husband presented me with my favorite.

Chocolate covered strawberries.  Seriously one day I may O.D. on them.  It's probably why he only gets them for me on my birthday.

After the sweet presentation, we headed off to lunch and then hit up blockbuster and rented a bunch of movies.  We watched three in a row and decided to take a break.  It may not be the most exciting of birthdays to a lot of people, but for me, it was perfect.

I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful Valentines Day.  Me, I'm just grateful for a wonderful husband and a perfect birthday.

2 comments:

Lola Sharp said...

Awww...Happy Birthday!! Sounds like a lovely day (aside from the DMV part) to me. :)

I'm new here. *waves* Nice to meet you.
~Lola

Sully's Scribbles said...

Thanks Lola! It's nice to meet you as well!

Post a Comment